The mission of the Darrell Lynn Hines College Preparatory Academy of Excellence is to prepare students academically, socially, physically, and emotionally. Students who graduate from our school will be prepared to promote open-mindedness and social responsibility not only in their communities but the world around them. Students who leave our program will be equipped with the skills necessary to become well-balanced, caring, and knowledgeable individuals who understand that there are many diverse voices in the world that have a right to be heard and respected.
Goals of the Darrell Lynn Hines College Preparatory Academy of Excellence
- Deliver a quality education enriched with multiple opportunities to develop internationally-minded students.
- Provided broad access to an exemplary K4-8 college preparatory education that is internationally benchmarked through the International Baccalaureate Programme framework.
- Create a school community that values and recognizes scholarship, high levels of student effort, and creativity.
- Establish an environment in which each student is known, respected and valued as an individual of great potential and promise
- Prepare students to become active, ethical and responsible citizens who develop an understanding of their role in a multicultural world.
- Create a professional setting for teachers and staff in which they are fee to model and demonstrate best practices, engage in innovative pedagogical methods that promote international mindedness.
- Actualize partnerships with parents, families and community-based organizations and develop global partnerships to build a holistic support system for students.
Our school vision is that all students will:
- Be given a quality education and will model good character and principles.
- Be afforded a quality K-8 college preparatory education.
- Experience diversity and multiculturalism.
- Adhere to high moral and ethical standards.
- Grow and develop their gifts and talents, character and academic potential.
- Successfully master high academic standards, and will exit our school prepared to continue their education with high education for successfully entering a college/university and becoming productive citizens.
- With the support of parents, staff and community members, develop spiritually socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically.