DLH Academy recognizes the potential of all students. Every child deserves an education that is free of behavioral disruption. Disruptive and uncooperative behavior that seriously interferes with the learning environment will not be tolerated. All students are expected to act in a respectful, courteous manner with both adults and peers. It is necessary that discipline procedures be followed so that the rights of each member of the school community are protected. Students are expected to:
- Adhere to all school policies and to the rules of the individual classrooms
- Work toward academic achievement by attending school daily prepared to study
- Respectfully communicate with all adults at all times
- Peacefully resolve conflicts and disputes with others
- Respect the rights and property of others to and from school, at all school related activities, at bus stops and on school buses
- Act responsibly and honestly, as an individual and as part of a group
- Return, replace or reimburse DLHA for lost or damaged school property and equipment.
Parents/Guardians, in turn, are expected to send their child(ren) to school on time, with a positive attitude to achieve these student expectations. A successful school year is dependent upon the cooperation between students, parents/guardians and staff members.